Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blueberry vanilla goat cheese




For the love of Christ, don't walk....sprint like a madman....over to your local Trader Joe's for a log of their blueberry vanilla goat cheese! Studded with tiny wild blueberries soaked in vanilla, this goat cheese is worth every last Hail Mary you'll have to do for the sin of eating the entire log by yourself in one sitting without offering to share it with anyone. When I passed by the cheese section at Trader Joe's the other day, I knew there was no way it wasn't going in my cart. At $4.29 for an 8oz log, you just can't beat it. I decided to pair it with a plate of fresh sliced pears. The creamy vanilla/blueberry/goat cheese goes together so well with the texture and slight sweetness that only a pear can bring. But of course, I'm also going to try it crumbled in to a bed of baby field greens with a light vinaigrette and some candied walnuts. Why are you still reading??? Get yourself over to the store now!

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy I found this blog... as all I eat is cheese. I do love the blueberry goat cheese ever so much, it's like eating a slice of cheese cake. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has gone gonzo for this cheese. Our Aldi has it now and it's just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found a very similar 6 oz log of blueberry vanilla goat cheese at Aldi-- on sale for $1.99 !!! They also had a cinnamon cranberry version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many points on weight watchers

    ReplyDelete